Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving


IMG_6604-2, originally uploaded by cinda marie.

Greetings,
Now this is a picture of what? Turkey legs roasting on an open fire. It was indeed the closest picture that I could find to the all American turkey tradition. Even in difficult times we all eat too much on this holiday.

Thanksgiving is a great time to reflect our year is soon to come to an end and to be thankful for all that we have. We can look back and think about the accomplishments of this year and tie up some loose ends before we start into the next. What important event has happened this year? How can I make a difference to make next year a better year? I know that some are having a down turn in their finances, but if you work at being the best that you can be, you will be ok. Things seam to always work out for the best. Remember, when one door is closed another is opened.

I like to start each day asking myself; how can I make a difference in someones life? I think about how to put a smile on someone's face or show them that I care. I'm thankful for my family and friends.

What is wrong with this picture? This shot was a quick snap at a fair a few years ago. I struggle with outdoor pictures that some areas get too much light and other areas are too dark. I have a Photoflex white disc that I did not have with me that day but wish that I had. The disc is about 3 feet when extended and would shade some of this direct light out and I could have used a flash to lighten up some of the dark areas.
The Photoflex disc twists up similar to an auto window sun screen with a final size of less than a foot disc for easier handling when carrying it about. I wish that I could carry all of my little photo aids with me but that would be impossible unless I was willing to tote a mule pack.

I highly recommend the Photoflex products and especially this item. It has a reversible cover that has different tones(gold tone and silver tone) to aid when taking out door portraits or close photos. You really need to have an other person with you to hold it up while you take the picture. I have put it on stand when shooting by myself, but tends to blow around if there is any kind of a wind. It works best if you have someone hold it in the correct position to either reflect light into dark areas or shade out a white spot.

Gobble, Gobble Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: