Sunday, August 17, 2008

Kauai


IMG_6601.JPG, originally uploaded by cinda marie.

Greetings... This is a photograph taken on Hawaiian Trip to the Garden Island of Kauai. Kauai is known for it's lush green mountains, beautiful sandy beaches. I'm entertained by photographing Hawaiian Flora, I had a difficult time finding exactly what I was looking for in subject matter. This island has two Botanical Gardens filled with beautiful trees and walkways resulting in several outstanding shots, but very little in the way of flowers. The place where I found the best flora to snap was in the resort gardens and a roadside garden center open to the public.

There are many attractions to explore and tours of the Island. My favorite tour was the Movie Tour showing places of interest where famous movies were filmed. The stop on the top of my list was the Coco Palms Resort; it was damaged in a hurricane over 15 years ago. The classic movie Blue Hawaii starring Elvis Presley was filmed there bringing many of the scenes to life.

Get close and personal to your subject!

No comments: