Thursday, October 2, 2008

The Louvre Paris


The Louvre Paris, originally uploaded by cinda marie.

It's all about perspective. This is a well known structure. Thousands of pictures have been taken of the Louvre. I ask myself how can I look at this differently then anyone else has before? It was a rainy day in Paris, there was not a white puffy cloud to capture, only wet gray skies. You have to ask yourself.... How can I make the best of this photography nightmare? How can I make this more interesting, more graphic, more abstract? With the absence of color use that as a positive and not a negative. When you are traveling you really have to learn to make the very best of the weather variables.

I know one trip I made a few years ago to Ft Lauderdale, Florida. It was just after a hurricane, the storm was not widely mentioned in the news and I had no idea of what I would face. When I arrived the palm trees were ripped apart, I mean shredded to pieces. That meant no beach shots with palm trees or any other scenic shot. All of the light posts and neon signs were blown out, as well as many windows to some beautiful buildings were broken, including our hotel which had so much water damage, we opted to leave early and move on.

I really like this picture, when you look at for a while it seems to take on different angles. If I didn't tell you what it was a picture of you would not know. Think about what is beyond the grid. Think about what this grid represents. Think about the history that is below it. Think about how popular this place is. Think about who walk in this very place. I know that Tom Hanks did...

No comments: