Thursday, September 25, 2008

Laundry to Dry Villefranche sur Mer France


IMG_1936.JPG, originally uploaded by cinda marie.

Good day my friend!
I love the unusual, the out of the ordinary, the old decay or anything between, it has personality, charm and makes your photograph more interesting. I look at details such as the different color of clothes pins, the pillow case that is inside out with an airplane on it and the colorful rags that serve their purpose to the owner. I think about this picture and I start to wonder... who owns this laundry what are they like, what do the do for work. How is there culture different than mine?

This picture was taken on a narrow street in Villefranche sur Mer, France, but looks a great deal like an alley way to me. The buildings are half painted and very old, this is part of the patina of the quaint village on the Mediterranean Sea. Just down the street at the Harbor, there is an old Russian Church and a one time Palace-now used for offices and art. There is so much history in this village, trading at the Harbor, the great shops, fine dining and the underground tunnel is a historic landmark.

I highly recommend a trip to this captivating place.

Be happy and enjoy your day!

No comments: