Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Wall Drug Store South Dakota 2008

I found this gent at the Wall Drug Store in South Dakota. On the road for miles and miles you will find many signs leading you up to this icon. How could you possibly pass it up with the platform they set. Offerings of fresh home made donuts, 5 cent coffee, great food and Levi jeans, not to mention hundreds of other items. What a marketing plan! Wall Drug Store started out to be a little Ma and Pa place of yesteryear turned into a multi-faceted emporium with a down home western flair. You could find almost anything you would ever think of in this place and then some.

This gent, although I didn't catch his name, is made of wax, he looks almost real. They have several other interesting replicas of old west culture and artifacts displayed. As I walked around the not so much a drug store anymore, I noticed a feel of the early 60's. I could imagine that I was on vacation with my family back then and stopped at a place like this to do a little shopping, not much has changed here and I think Wall Drug wants to keep it that way.

Another interesting, must see stop not far from here is the Badland's National Park. The National Park system did find the right name for the Badland's there is not any other name I would pick for it.

Enjoy today for life is too short to sweat the small stuff!

No comments: